WHAT IS THE BBDRISK DX® TEST?
The BBDRisk Dx® Test is a tumor biology based multimarker test that predicts the likelihood of developing breast cancer with ~ 91% accuracy. Briefly, the Test
- Assays 4 cancer markers, MMP1, CEACAM6, HYAL1 and HEC1 by immunohistochemistry (IHC) in formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue which was already removed at the time of biopsy
- Calculates a ‘Cancer Risk Score’, based on the marker levels, from 0-10 with higher scores corresponding to higher risk of subsequent cancer development
- Classifies a patient based on the risk score as:
‘Low Risk’ (Score <0.5),
‘Intermediate Risk’ (Score > 0.5 and ≤ 5.4) or
‘High Risk’ (Score >5.4) and finally
- Provides the Cancer Rate for a given Risk Score
Medical management decisions can now be made based on the ‘Cancer Risk Score’ and consultation between each patient and his or her healthcare professional (see the flow diagram below).
For example, standard screening for women whose BBDRisk Dx® results indicate a “Low Risk” score. If BBDRisk Dx® results indicate that a patient has an Intermediate or High Risk score, the following medical management options could be applied:
- Increased surveillance
- Risk-reducing medications and/or
- Prophylactic surgery
They above may help reduce risk by 1) detecting it at an earlier more treatable stage, 2) delaying the onset of cancer, or 3) preventing the development of cancer over the long term
Disclaimer: Any discussion of medical management options provided here are for general informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as recommendations by Silbiotech, Inc. While BBDRisk Dx® test results provide useful information, medical management decisions should be made based on consultation between each patient and his or her healthcare professional. The patient and his or her doctor are solely responsible for making any medical management decisions.