Questions to consider asking your doctor about BBDRisk Dx® Test
These are some of the most common questions the patients should ask their doctors about the BBDRisk Dx® Test to determine the best treatment options to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
You should take an active role in learning as much as possible about the implications of your hyperplasia diagnosis and your available options before making a decision about what is best for you. Based on the pathology report your doctor would have informed you about your hyperplasia type and your increased risk for cancer. You should ask your doctor if you are a candidate for the BBDRisk Dx® test. The decision whether or not to order the BBDRisk Dx® test is one that you and your health care provider should make together.
Downloadable information to share with your physician.
Questions to ask your healthcare provider if you have been diagnosed with Atypical Ductal Hyperplasias (ADH), Atypical Lobular Hyperplasias (ALH), Usual Ductal Hyperplasia (UDH), Papilloma Sclerosing Adenosis or a combination of any of these types.
- I understand that my breast tumor places me at increased risk of developing breast cancer. How can I know if I am in the 20% of the atypia category or 10% of the usual hyperplasia category who will develop cancer?
- Am I a candidate for the BBDRisk Dx® test? If not, why?
- How can I avoid unnecessary overtreatment and side effects?
- Is there any other laboratory diagnostic test to assess my personal risk level?
- If you are using a software program to assess my risk level, does it take into consideration of my tumor biology?
BBDRisk Dx® Test Questions To Discuss
- Will I get a copy of my BBDRisk Dx®test results?
- If the BBDRisk Dx®test results show that I am in the intermediate or high risk category, what will be my options? What do you suggest for me and why?
- Do I need any additional treatment if the BBDRisk Dx® test results show that I am in the low risk category?
- What are the benefits of each treatment option? What are the drawbacks/side effects of each one?
- How long do side effects of each treatment last, should they occur? Do they go away once treatment is complete?
- How can I use the BBDRisk Dx® test results to develop my treatment plan?